I am a highly passionate, creative and visual filmmaker with experience in working to deadlines and budgets in the UK and abroad. In the past years, I both headed teams and worked within them developing a thorough understanding of the filmmaking process.
Nicola Sersale is a director, editor and videographer. His first film “The Egg” won the Laura Film Festival and received the first prize from prestigious Italian film-critique Morando Morandini. Since graduating from the London Film School with a First-Class Honours degree, Nicola has directed and edited music videos and promos for people such as Mercury Music Prize nominated East India Youth, model-actress Elisa Sednaoui, Secret Cinema, RPS Award Winners London Contemporary Orchestra and Radiohead’s Jonny Greenwood. Nicola also edited a feature documentary called “The Invisible Word” now in search of distribution. The most recent project Nicola has directed is a short film “Il Tour di Davide (David’s Tour)” that won Best Actor at Cortinametraggio 2014 and was shortlisted by “Short of the Week” and “Shooting People’s Short of the Month”. “David’s Tour” was also screened at numerous world renowned film festivals including 37th Cleveland International Film Festival, 13th Milano International Film Festival and 34th Durban International Film Festival.
- “Il Tour di Davide” wins Shooting People’s “Short of the Month” 2015.
- “Il Tour di Davide” is selected by online curators “Short of the Week” 2015.
- “Il Tour di Davide” wins the Bartorelli prize for Best Actor at Cortinametraggio 2014 in Italy.
- “Il Tour di Davide” screened at several festivals including the 37th Cleveland International Film Festival, 13th Milano International Film Festival 2013, 34th Durban International Film Festival and at the 43rd Giffoni Film Festival 2013.
- “The Eternal Not” (editor) winner of Best Comedy and Best Script at the Screentest Film Festival and selected at the London Short Film Festival, Fuse Film Festival, Lieden Short Film Experience and the Big Sur Short Film Series.
- “Fanatical” screened at the Barcelona Sports Film Festival 2011 and selected for the National Gallery’s website, London, England.
- “Merchant of Memories” screened at Wroclaw Int’nal Film Festival 2010, Poland.
- “Removal” screened at the Festival “Streaming Festival 3rd Edition, The Hague, Netherlands and at the 18 Semana de Cine Experimental de Madrid”, Spain.
- “Life Drawing” wins 1st Prize, Festival “Palena Premio Cinematografico 2008”, Italy.
- “The Egg” wins 1st Prize, Festival “Laura Film Festival 2007” Levanto, Italy.
- “Sala d’Attesa” screened at the Festival “Torino Film Festival 2005”, Turin, Italy.